APEX: Tell us some details about yourself & your car.
Shawn: My name is Shawn Nieves. I live in Queens NY. To sum up my E92 it’s a 2009 328i that started as a daily and somehow transformed into what it is now. Having been blessed working at The Custom Shop, I’m around all kinds of cars but my coworkers really support my wild ideas and always encourage me to pursue my build and fab anything that I can.
APEX: What is your track day wheel setup?
–APEX 17×9.5″ et35 ARC-8 square setup
– 244/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615K+ Tires
– 3mm Front H&R Spacer
– 10mm Rear H&R Spacer
APEX: Why did you choose APEX Wheels over the rest?
Shawn: These wheels are super light weight and still offer an amazing build quality strong enough for on and off the track. They also offer very niche sizes for every application which made them a perfect choice for me.
APEX: What other modifications have been done to your car?
– Turner Motorsports upper and lower control arms (Front and rear)
– Buddy Club n+ damper Coilovers
– Turner Motorsports monoball rear lower shock mount
– Eibach front 28mm Sway bar
– Whiteline adjustable end links
– Whiteline front and rear subframe bushings
– Custom Tubular rear crash bar
– Cut rear bumper
– Custom exhaust with a Speedfactory turndown muffler
– Turner Motorsports solid motor mounts
– Turner Motorsports solid Transmission mounts
– Custom Intake
– Custom intake Scoops
– Rpm Rollbars 6pt Chromoly Rollcage
– Custom Digital Tach
– Custom gas and brake pedal rake extensions
– Sparco Sprint Seat, Omp harness
– Omp Deep Dish Wheel with a mono race hub
– And much more…
And it’s fully Gutted!
APEX: How did you get into track racing?
Shawn: I used to love drag racing but once I bought the E92, it opened up a new world for me. Last season was a bummer as I totally missed out on every event but this season is definitely going to be a blast.
APEX: How many events do you plan on participating in this year?
Shawn: I’m currently still in the process of fine tuning but I’m looking to see about 8 solid track days this season.
APEX: If you could give one tip to a new racer, what would your tip be?
Shawn: Don’t limit yourself and surround yourself around people who motivate you to build something that’s truly unique.
APEX: Where can we follow you?
APEX: Do you have any clubs, shops or racing buddies you want to give a shout out to?