We were doing some exploring on Instagram when we came across this beautiful M4 GTS that featured a set of 18″ FL-5 wheels. We reached out to the Y Motorsport shop (@ymotorsport) to get the 411 on this amazing machine.
The M4GTS is one of Y Motorsport’s shop cars and also happens to be shop owner Yufeng’s daily driver. The YMS team uses this car for both track and road testing. The shop has a great philosophy that regardless of what modifications are performed on the car, it should be able to be driven on the street. Because of this, YMS focused on modifications that enhance mechanical grip with minor aero bits.
The suspension setup comprises of Moton 3-way motorsport dampers, Fall Line Motorsport front mono ball thrust arm bushings, Fall Line Motorsport front sway bar links, Fall Line Motorsport rear sway bar links, Fall Line Motorsport rear camber shims, Fall Line Motorsport rear toe links (clamp style), and Fall Line Motorsport rear solid upper control arm bushings.
Thanks to the excellent brake clearance of the 18″ FL-5 wheels, YMS was able to run an Alcon Mono 6/4 brake system. Revozport carbon backing plates are used to cool the front brakes.
The interior is outfitted with Sparco Corsa and Pro 2000 racing seats along with Sparco 6-point harnesses.
Most of the exterior modifications were installed to improve aero but also maintain an OEM presence. They include a Fall Line Motorsport polyethylene front lip, Fall Line Motorsport front tow strap with matching paint cover, M235IR rear wing, IND painted side reflectors and Acexxon rear reflector inserts.
The car makes over 500WHP thanks to a straight pipe exhaust and aftermarket engine calibration. The shop plans to strip the car to the bare frame by the end of this year to take the car to the next level. This will include installing a full roll cage, air jacks, M4 GT4 differential, M4 GT4 brake ducts, M4 GT4 electronics (ABS, TC, data acquisition), Flossmann front fenders and PFC brakes.
Wheel Fitment & Specs
– Moton 3-way motorsport dampers (true coilover rear)
– Fall Line Motorsport polyethylene front lip
– Fall Line Motorsport front mono ball thrust arm bushings
– Fall Line Motorsport front sway bar links
– Fall Line Motorsport rear sway bar links
– Fall Line Motorsport rear camber shims
– Fall Line Motorsport rear toe link (clamp style)
– Fall Line Motorsport rear solid upper control arm bushings
– Fall Line Motorsport front tow strap with matching paint cover
– M235iR rear wing
– Alcon Mono 6/4 brakes (I use PFC 13 pads)
– Revozport carbon front brake ducts
– Sparco Corsa seat (driver)
– Sparco Pro 2000 seat (passenger)
– Sparco 6pt Hans harness (driver)
– Sparco 6pt non-Hans harness (passenger)
– VAC Motorsport seat mounts
– BMW electronic steering wheel
– Autoteknic carbon shift knob trim
– Autoteknic carbon/Antarctica shifter base
– Autoteknic carbon pattern steering wheel trim
– Acexxon rear reflector inserts
– IND painted side reflectors
– Akrapovic downpipes
– Active Autowerks midpipe
– Bootmod3 tune
– Whole car has Suntek clear bra
About The Shop
YMS is a new Los Angeles based professional race shop started by a group of friends from various motorsport backgrounds. They owe a lot of their success to grassroot motorsports as they noticed that there is a lack of high caliber motorsport personnel working with amateur racers or track day enthusiasts. YMS was created to fill this void. Together, the YMS team has over 100+ years of motorsport experience acquired from working within every motorsport discipline. Some achievements include engineering Emerson Fittipaldi to his 1972/74 Formula 1 World Championships, designing the Nissan Skyline R34 and 350Z Super GT race cars, engineering the Nissan GTR Nismo Nurburgring lap record, and winning championships as a driver. The YMS shop offers services from simple bolt on installations to ground up race car builds. All services are held to the highest standards within motorsport. They believe that setting up a race car is equally as important as building a great race car, so they also offer trackside support, trackside engineering services, and driver coaching. Everything that comes through Y Motorsport is expected to perform exceptionally well on the race track but also shine at a car show.